Ingredients (to serve 3):
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 60g Tasman Black cashew cheese with black garlic
- 1 tbsp plant based milk
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add olive oil to pan over med-high heat and saute onions and fennel. Add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until very soft.
- While the onions are cooking, place pastry on a greased baking tray. Trim into a circle.
- Blend the cashew cheese with the milk to soften it and spread in the centre of the pastry, leaving 4-5 cm clear around the edge.
- Pile to onion and fennel mix on top and fold the pastry up over the filling.
- Pleat the edges of the pastry all the way around, pressing the folds with your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh fennel fronds to serve.