VEGETABLE TART (SERVES 4)
This is much more of a serving suggestion than a recipe. It’s an incredibly versatile dish that I make often. With just two of us at home, there are always delicious leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 120g Artisa St Clair chevre style cashew cheese
Vegetables and herbs of your choosing, eg…
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Line a greased tart pan with the pastry. You can also make a freestyle tart by using pastry strips to make a raised edge. Stick the strips onto the base using plant based milk, then press the two layers together with a fork to crimp together.
- Soften the cheese by mashing with a fork. A splash of plant based milk may help to make it more spreadable.
- Season with salt and pepper and chopped herbs as desired.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the pastry.
- Arrange your veges over the cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil, scatter over additional herbs, season to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200C or until the pastry is golden and the tart has puffed up a little.